Tuesday 13 October 2015

The Life-Changing Lush Cleanser





Back last November I posted about Lush Ultrabland Facial Cleanser and said how I was taking it upon myself to use nothing but that on my face, morning and night for a month (I also said I'd report back after the month. Apologies for the late update!). Being a beauty junkie with a desire to switch between products constantly, I found this quite the task and wasn't sure just how long I'd last. Let me tell you, it was a long old month. My skin went through several rough stages during the process, as you would expect (I'd drastically condensed my routine from a plethora of products to just a single cleanser - so my skin was more than likely shocked). However, after just a month, my skin, which began with acne on my cheeks, forehead and chin, was completely clear. Not a single spot. Before trying this, I hadn't had a morning since about the age of 12 where I didn't wake up with a new little friend on my face. I was completely stunned. I also expected my skin to be in a bad way, with the lack of moisturiser, exfoliation and what have you, but it had never felt in better condition.

Once the month was up, I gradually began introducing some key products back into my routine, noting down what I felt my skin really needed, as opposed to just using products I was using out of habit. I now have a fairly simple routine of Ultrabland, Vichy Aqualia Thermal Light Moisturiser and a face mask once or twice a week. I like to use one from Lush or Origins which targets my main skin concern at the time. It's also worth noting that I do still get the odd spot (thanks hormones), Ultrabland really helps to keep them under control and stop them from coming to a head.

I honestly can't recommend this cleanser enough, and I definitely do recommend it to all my IRL friends. I took a chance on this product as a last resort on my quest for good skin and I haven't looked back since - 6 tubs later. If all this isn't enough persuasion for you, the fact that it's made by such a great company with equally as great ethics, and that it also doesn't contain any major nasties makes it a holy grail skincare staple.


No comments:

Post a Comment