Thursday 25 June 2015

Lollyrocket Candle Co.




Lollyrocket is a local company to me, and one that I've thoroughly enjoyed supporting for a good while now. I first became familiar with them when they opened up a store in my home town, selling homewares and vintage items, along with their own natural soy wax candles. When they sold their store, I was gutted, but you can imagine my excitement when I found out that they were opening an online store selling their candles.

I recently purchased three of their 1/2lb candles from a shop in my town, but you can see a full list of stockists here. One of my pet hates with candles is that they often come in a variety of bright colours. However, because all of the candles in the Lollyrocket range are white and come in glass jar casing with a gold lid to hold in the scent, these will fit beautifully within any home. I absolutely love knowing that these candles are made using natural ingredients, and the quality definitely reflects in the product. They burn beautifully, evenly, and give off such a strong (but never over-powering) scent, and supposedly have a 40 hour burn time.

The one I'm currently burning is brown sugar & fig, but I also picked up candy floss and candy shop.
Since the scents are so unique, the only way I'm going to be able to describe them is by taking the notes descriptions from the website and put them into 'Alice' terms.

BROWN SUGAR & FIG
Lollyrocket says: top notes of fresh figs, peaches, and passion fruit followed by middle notes of 
coconut milk, vanilla orchid, jasmine, muguet, and freesia. Balanced with base notes of vanilla beans, caramel, maple sugar, fig leaves, and musk.
Alice says: Fruity, floral, fresh and sugary mixed in a bowl and poured into a candle jar. It's quite a grown-up, classy smell, but one I think everyone would like.


CANDY SHOP
Lollyrocket says: A fruity blend of cotton candy, lemon drops, caramel and raspberry jam with subtle base notes of musk.
Alice says: The most unique candle I've ever smelt. Sweet, but really fresh at the same time. Every time I smell this, it reminds me of walking into a sweet shop on the seafront and brings back so many happy childhood memories.

CANDY FLOSS
Lollyrocket says: A delicious, sweet blend of fresh strawberry and French vanilla.

Alice says: The warm smell of candy floss but without the strong, sweet sugar. This makes it a little bit more fresh and more bearable for sweet scent haters. 


Lollyrocket 1/2lb candles are individually priced at £8, but using the code 'giveme3' on their website, you can get 3 for the amazing price of £20. I love knowing that my hard earned money is going to an independent, local company who invest a huge amount of time to the quality of the products and not to a large corporation. I've now got my eye on some of their other 1/2lb candle scents, and I'm desperate to try their new 1lb boxed candles. Every single one smells insane. I'll never buy another Yankee Candle again. 



No comments:

Post a Comment